Welcome to South Lambeth Road Practice in South West London
South Lambeth Road Practice is based in the London Borough of Lambeth.
We offer NHS GP services to our registered list of around 10,000 patients.
Join the practice now.
Please note, we have now temporarily relocated to the following address:
South Lambeth Road Practice
Akerman Health Centre
60 Patmos Road
Update on South Lambeth Road Practice building works:
Unfortunately, there have been significant delays in building works starting at South Lambeth Road Practice. We were initially asked to move out of our building and temporarily relocate to Akerman Health Centre in April 2022 with building works due to be completed over the following 9 months. This project is managed by Lambeth Commissioning Team who have been liaising with the contractors. They have informed us that there will be further delays due to construction complexities and working within their overall budget for the project. The have reassured us that the agreed improvements will still go ahead during 2023, although to a later schedule than they had originally planned.
We apologise that our planned improvement work is taking much longer than we had originally expected. Had we known that the project would be so delayed we would have delayed our own move to Akeman Health Centre, which has been a very big undertaking for all of our staff and patients. We understand this may be disappointing and frustrating to our patients and we appreciate your patience while we work through the necessary details. We are still maintaining our full primary care service and are grateful to our patients for adapting to this situation, like we have had to do.
We have asked for updates regarding start and end dates for this project and will share these on our website as soon as we get them.
South Lambeth Road Practice is part of the North Lambeth Primary Care Network (NLPCN).
Since 2019 and as part of initiative set up nationally, practices have formed into local networks with a population size of at least 30k patients as a minimum. The aim was for practices to work together in their network bubble with community, mental health, social care, pharmacy, hospital and voluntary services in their local areas. This way with the combined efforts of their practices, Networks could be proactive, and provide personalised, coordinated and more integrated health and social care at a local level.
North Lambeth PCN (NLPCN) consists of 6 Practices:
Hurley and Riverside Practices
Lambeth Walk Group Practice
Mawbey Group Practice
South Lambeth Road Group Practice
Waterloo Health Centre
As required, for a PCN to operate, all the practices were asked to participate in the Network, by meeting and making decisions about number of areas of the primary care service. Representation at the NLPCN board is from GPs, Nurses, Practice Management and Administration staff from each of the 6 practices. Dr George Verghese leads the North Lambeth PCN as the Clinical Director. Meeting monthly, the PCN oversees a number of services as follows:
1. Extended Access Hours (run by each individual practice, but the PCN monitors performance)
2. Flu Vaccinations programme (run at each individual practice but the PCN checks with practices to monitor performance)
3. Care Homes Enhanced Service Management – this is a programme to help strengthen the GP service ties with Care Homes and ensure that patients have regular medical reviews, and other GP primary care services on a consistent basis.
4. Early Cancer Detection scheme – a scheme with Cancer Research UK and the GP Lead in Lambeth for Cancer services to ensure our uptake of cancer screening services are optimised, and early detection for effective treatment is robust
5. Covid Vaccination Service – the PCNs in Lambeth are working with Lambeth Federation to support and provide facilities for this service
6. Social Prescribing Service – PCNs oversee the employment of Social Prescribing Link Workers (more below)
The North Lambeth Primary Care Workforce
Under the national scheme, PCNs were able to employ staff in a number supporting clinical roles for General Practice. These are Clinical Pharmacists, Physicians Associates, Paramedics, Physiotherapists, Care Coordinators, Social Prescribing Link Workers, Health and Wellbeing Coaches, Nursing Assistants and Associates and Mental Health Practitioners. These roles are being expanded as the PCNs develop nationally. As of April 2021, the PCN has employed 3 Clinical Pharmacists to its network, plus 4 Social Prescribing Link Workers, 3 Care Coordinators and 4 Physiotherapists. The workforce is spread among the 6 practices and you may as part of your care have appointments in a practice with them. More information giving details on each of these roles will be published in due course.
The North Lambeth Primary Care Network has an appointed Clinical Director, Dr George Verghese – a GP Partner at the Waterloo Health Centre
Meet the team here - Find out more about the staff at South Lambeth Road Practice
- Disabled parking outside the Practice
- We have step free access throughout the majority of our building
- Automatic entrance doors
- Online access allowing prescription requests, appointment bookings and test results
- Routine and urgent GP telephone services
- Bicycle racks are available outside the Practice
There is no free parking at the Practice, however, there are plenty of pay and display bays outside the Practice
Guide dogs are welcome at the surgery but we ask that you be aware of other patients and staff who may have an allergy or fear of dogs